Thursday, January 21, 2010

1/3 through 1/9

January 3rd, 2010
We had church today. At church, there are 2 other baby boys that are Josiah's age. One boy, A.J. belongs to our friends Chad and Shelby, who gave birth 6 MINUTES after Josiah was born. Jadon was born 7 weeks later, although as the boys grow older and older, those weeks won't seem so far apart! All three are BIG BOYS! A.J. consistently has outweighed Josiah by about half a pound (although the margin is getting smaller and smaller). Josiah, however, while he was shorter at birth, has outgrown A.J. and is about an inch taller. Jadon was only 5 or 6 lbs at birth, but tripled his weight by 2 months old. At last count, Josiah, Jaydon, and A.J. were 16, 14, and 16 lbs respectively. So, I took a picture of the 3 boys together and love it!


(Josiah & A.J. on the ends at 4 months old and Jadon in the middle at 2.5 months old)

A.J. always comes over and "talks" with Josiah while in the nursery. I was holding Josiah up, so I only got a picture from the one angle, but they just coo and talk at each other and smile. It'll be fun to see how they interact as they get older.
 

Josiah got this adorable outfit from Jesse's family for Christmas. He was more interested in his feet than he was in taking pictures, though.

 

January 6th, 2010
I fed Josiah green beans today (not the first time) but he got it ALL OVER himself. I thought the bib added the perfect touch to it all. He'll be Prince Charming for some lucky girl someday. Hopefully he'll look better than this.


I also did daycare for 8 month old Carson for the first time. I only got this picture of the two boys sleeping.

  

January 8th, 2010
When I was trying to have a baby (unsuccessfully), one of the most therapeutic things for me to do was to plan for my future baby. I made blankets, I crocheted outfits, I painted picture frames with my future kids' names on them, I wrote letters to them with the hope that they would someday read them. It helped me to have something to hold onto. So, since I have a good friend who has also just been diagnosed with unexplained infertility, I decided to make her a baby blanket as well, with the hopes that it would be an encouraging reminder of what God is doing.




0 comments: