Sunday, February 7, 2010

1/31 through 2/6

January 31st, 2010
Josiah and A.J. were born just 6 minutes apart. A.J.'s parents attend church with us. I like to take regular pictures of the boys together as they continue to grow. Here are their 5 month pictures:
  

And Josiah, just because he's so darn cute!



And proof that Josiah puts EVERYTHING in his mouth, including A.J.'s hand:



February 1st, 2010
Naked Baby!
  

Baby Feet!

Baby Smile!


February 2nd, 2010
Sisters. These 3 mountains are called "The Three Sisters". My mom, particularly, loves these mountains because the view is beautiful and because she is very close to her two sisters (all together making 3 Sisters!). So, this day was beautiful and I wanted to get a picture of the mountains. When I finally got to a place to do so, the clouds had rolled in and it wasn't as clear any more, but this is a shot of the city I live in:

And because I don't want to forget simple moments like these:

February 3rd, 2010
Josiah hasn't been sleeping so well since he started rolling over. So the moments he does finally go to sleep are filled with relief and peace. He was so tired this day after being up for quite a long stretch of time. So, I caught a few images of these precious moments:
  

Also, these are the first blossoms I've seen this winter- growing in my aunt's yard.

And, with the recent rain, we've had some BEAUTIFUL, BRIGHT rainbows:


February 4th, 2010
Because I'm one of THOSE moms!
In honor of Valentine's Day coming up, I wanted to get some pictures of Josiah dressed like Cupid. 
   

February 5th, 2010
Sisters-Take 2! The weather was GORGEOUS today! So, I tried to get another picture of The 3 Sisters Mountains.
 

February 6th, 2010
I found this Rainbow Cake recipe on MckMama's blog and wanted to make it myself. I had the perfect opportunity when our church created a Secret Sisters group. The group is intended for the women of the church to draw each other's names and pray for the person you are paired up with. After a month, you will find out who has you and reveal yourself to your "sister". Then, you will have 2 months to bond with your sister. To kick off this group, we were going to have a luncheon. So, I thought I would contribute my cake. I've never made a cake before, but I thought it turned out great!
      

The cake was served at the luncheon the next day and looked great when we cut through it (and tasted delicious!). Pictures to come next week...

0 comments: